Users are responsible for managing their own account files. Users must be skilled in the use of FTP to manage files on the Media Server. Limited technical support and training are provided by Foothill Global Access for use of the Media Server.
File storage of 200 mb is granted for initial FGA Media Server accounts. Users can apply for additional storage space, up to a maximum of 1 Gig (1,000 mb) which will be granted on the basis of storage space availability. Users acknowledge that Foothill College reserves the right to remove accounts that are inactive for longer than one year.
The following uses of the FGA Media Server account are prohibited:
* Advertising products or services that are external to campus. FGA Media Server services are for professional and non-commercial use only.
* Publishing, posting, uploading, distributing or disseminating any inappropriate, profane, defamatory, obscene, indecent or unlawful topic, name, material or information.
* Using any material or information, including images, photographs, multimedia, or text, in any manner that infringes any copyright or trademark right of any party.
* Violating any applicable laws or regulations including American Disabilities Act (ADA) Section 508 requirements for accessibility. See Foothill-De Anza District Accessibility Standards for Electronic and Information Technology Policy
* Posting any student information on a public webpage in violation of FERPA. No files hosted on the FGA Media Server may contain files with any sensitive information about students. Sensitive information includes, but is not limited to Social Security Number, driver’s license number, and SID. Any information stored must comply with federal and state regulations, such as FERPA and HIPPA.
Foothill College has no obligation to monitor the FGA Media Server accounts, however, Foothill College reserves the right to review materials posted to an FGA Media Server Site to investigate possible violations of this agreement.
Users are entirely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of Account passwords and for any and all activities that occur under their accounts. Users agree to notify Foothill Global Access immediately of any unauthorized use of a FGA Media Server account or any other breach of security.
FOOTHILL COLLEGE MAKES NO WARRANTY THAT FOOTHILL COLLEGE FGA MEDIA SERVER SERVICE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE OR ERROR-FREE.