You are being asked to participate in a research study. This survey is estimated to take 20 minutes to complete. Some demographic information is collected as well. There are no known risks associated with participating in this study. You are free to not answer any question, to stop participating at any time without penalty, and to not have this survey be part of the data set. All questionnaires are anonymous, and the forms will be kept confidential by the researcher. The information you provide will help further our research in social psychology.
If you have any questions, please contact Tamara Bender at email@example.com or (802) 287-8680. You may also contact Jennifer Sellers, Ph.D., at firstname.lastname@example.org or (802) 287-8280. If you have questions about your rights as a research participant, complaints, concerns, or questions about the research please contact Tom Stuessy, Ph.D., Chair of Green Mountain College Institutional Review Board for the Protection of Human Subjects, (802) 287-8323 or email@example.com. This research study is IRB approved.
Please consider the following points before agreeing:
• I understand that I am participating in psychological research;
• I understand that my participation will be anonymous (that is, my name will not be linked with my data) and that all information I provide will remain confidential;
• I understand that I will be provided with an explanation of the research in which I participated and be given the name and telephone number of an individual to contact if I have questions about the research;
• I understand that participation in research is not required, is voluntary, and that, after any individual research project has begun, I may refuse to participate further without penalty; and
• I am above the age of 18 years old.
By taking this survey I am stating that I understand the above information and consent to participate in this study being conducted at Green Mountain College.